Using a chalk pencil, I marked out the placement grid for the Apple Core center section. Then I made a plastic Apple Core template.
These apple cores measure 1-1/4" x 2-3/4".
Next came the fun part - choosing my wool pieces and cutting them out.
After auditioning the placement of my pieces, I chose a dark brown ball of valdani perle cotton and began blanket stitching thru the center section. Although I didn't get far with the stitching, I made good progress over all with all the prep work.
This will be my evening stitching project this week.
If I get all of the Apple Cores stitched down I will be very pleased.
Wishing you all a Happy and Creative week!